Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple airport extreme and 5GHz

Hello.

I have airport extreme with dual band (MB763Z/A) and i can't get 5GHz network to work. I have tried all settings but with no luck.

The 2,4GHz network works fine with 130MBps. But 5GHz doesn't even show up.

Is there any solution to this, or it is just a bad Apple product?

Tnx

MB763Z/A, Windows XP

Posted on Aug 21, 2010 8:56 AM

6 replies

Aug 21, 2010 10:22 AM in response to 7snoopy86

7snoopy86 wrote:
I have airport extreme with dual band (MB763Z/A) and i can't get 5GHz network to work. I have tried all settings but with no luck.

Welcome to Apple's discussion groups.

What are you seeing that makes you think the 5 GHz network isn't working? What do you include in "all settings"? Are you trying to establish a separate 5 GHz network? If so, did you try the first checkbox in AirPort Utility's AirPort panel, Wireless tab, "Wireless Network Options" button?

Aug 21, 2010 11:13 AM in response to William-Boyd-Jr

Hi

Yes i have try to make separate 5GHz network.

Settings:

Extended -> off

Radio mode: 802.11n only (5GHz) - 802.11b/g/n
radio channel selection -> automatic (have only 4 channels for 5GHz 36,40,44,48) nothing works
security WPA2 Personal

5GHz network name -> the same as 2,4 + (5 GHz)
multicast: high
power : 100%
wide channels

Aug 21, 2010 8:02 PM in response to 7snoopy86

7snoopy86 wrote:
In wireless tab:

"Allow this network to be extended" is off (if i enable it, it still doesn't work)

The name is for 5GHz network is different.

I thought that maybe is something with my computer. I have tried with two computers but no luck, as i can't see it.

I'm out of suggestions and don't have much experience with Windows wireless networking, so someone else will have to help you.

Aug 25, 2010 2:24 PM in response to 7snoopy86

+Is there any solution to this, or it is just a bad Apple product?+

Are you sure that your version of Windows will support 5 GHz?

Have your checked the anti-virus settings and Windows firewall to make sure that they are not blocking a new connection? Happens all the time with Windows.

Have you tried a newer Mac or iPad as an experiment to see if it will connect at 5 GHz?

If it does, it may not be a case of a "bad" product, but more a case of an "incompatible" product.

Apple airport extreme and 5GHz

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.