Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

No “Text Message Forwarding” Option in iPhone Settings

Hi, on iPhone 14 running the iOS 17, I cannot see the option “Text Message Forwarding” to other Apple devices. I found out that this was reported as I bug back in 2020. Is this still an issue?!

iPhone 14, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 9, 2023 11:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2023 11:43 AM

Hey there kollins77,

We appreciate you letting us know. Just to confirm, were you able to try the steps listed under "Automatically forward texts to your other devices"? There's a step there that references this behavior, which we'll include below:

On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding.

If you don't see Text Message Forwarding, go to Settings > Messages. Turn off iMessage, then turn it back on. Tap Send & Receive, tap Use Your Apple ID for iMessage, then sign in with the same Apple ID used on your other devices.

If those steps don't resolve it for you, reach out to Apple directly for additional assistance using: Get Support

Have a lovely day!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2023 11:43 AM in response to kollins77

Hey there kollins77,

We appreciate you letting us know. Just to confirm, were you able to try the steps listed under "Automatically forward texts to your other devices"? There's a step there that references this behavior, which we'll include below:

On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding.

If you don't see Text Message Forwarding, go to Settings > Messages. Turn off iMessage, then turn it back on. Tap Send & Receive, tap Use Your Apple ID for iMessage, then sign in with the same Apple ID used on your other devices.

If those steps don't resolve it for you, reach out to Apple directly for additional assistance using: Get Support

Have a lovely day!

No “Text Message Forwarding” Option in iPhone Settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.