I need help in steps to factory reset a phone

Posted on Oct 9, 2023 8:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2023 9:08 PM

dunia33 Said:

"How can I reset an old phone ? I need help in steps to factory reset a phone"

-------

Getting Into an Old iPhone:

You'd need to have the same Apple ID, and it would need to be unlocked. If you are able to get it, then perform as instructed here, including the iCloud logout: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2023 9:08 PM in response to dunia33

dunia33 Said:

"How can I reset an old phone ? I need help in steps to factory reset a phone"

-------

Getting Into an Old iPhone:

You'd need to have the same Apple ID, and it would need to be unlocked. If you are able to get it, then perform as instructed here, including the iCloud logout: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Oct 9, 2023 9:56 PM in response to dunia33

dunia33 Said:

"What if the phone was sold to me and I no longer know the sellers name to get their Apple ID and password?"

-------

Return This:

It seems you have been scammed, though a full-assumption on my part. Return these to the site. The iPhone was never disassociated from their account. This is the site the seller should have used prior to selling it to you: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support. The seller should have known better.

Get Expensive Items from Apple:

I recommend that you purchase expensive device directly from Apple, as a way to avoid scams like this.

Oct 9, 2023 9:56 PM in response to dunia33

Activation lock is a security protocol that can't be bypassed. Only the person it is locked to can unlock it.

If you bought this from someone and it came locked, try to get your money back, you will never be able to use the phone.

If your phone is Activation Locked - How to remove Activation Lock -

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a used phone -

The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying … - Apple Community

How can I reset my old iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.