iPhone 15 Pro Max adjusting ringer volume not working

(iPhone 15 Pro Max) I am having troubles adjusting the ringer volume using the volume buttons on the side of the phone. It only adjusts the volume not the ringer. The setting is turned on for that aswell. I’ve restarted my phone and it works after that each time for a bit but then after that it doesn’t work. I have also closed all my apps aswell. Any ideas?

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 9, 2023 8:58 PM

1 reply

Oct 10, 2023 4:08 PM in response to GrayJay387

Hello GrayJay387,

Just to confirm, it seems like the setting is enabled to change the volume with buttons, is that correct? Please check out this link to ensure the settings are enabled correctly, which may help: Adjust the volume on iPhone

When you’re on the phone or listening to songs, movies, or other media on iPhone, you can use the buttons on the side of your device to adjust the audio volume. Otherwise, the buttons control the volume for the ringer, alerts, and other sound effects. You can also use Siri to turn the volume up or down.

Lock the ringer and alert volumes in Settings
1. Go to Settings .
2. Tap Sounds & Haptics.
3. Turn off Change with Buttons.

If buttons aren't working as expected, please check out this link as well, which has some information that may help: If a button or switch isn't working on your iPhone or iPad

Thanks!

iPhone 15 Pro Max adjusting ringer volume not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.