Need 28 digit code to access my Apple ID on iPhone 11

Where do I find the 28 digit code to verify my account every time I say forgot password I get the prompt to enter my phone number then it says verifying account but then it says can’t verify and asks me to type in my 28 digit code to access my account But I don’t remember if I even set up that code or if I did I don’t know it and don’t know where to find it so that I can change my password and access my account on an iPhone 11. Please help!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11

Posted on Oct 9, 2023 11:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2023 11:57 PM

You can create a new Recovery Key, check the steps in this article:

What if I lose my Recovery Key?

You can sign in to your Apple ID account page and create a new Recovery Key using your Apple ID password and one of your trusted devices.

1. Go to appleid.apple.com.
  2. Sign in with your password and trusted device.
  3. In the Sign-In and Security section, click Recovery Key > Change Recovery Key.

Keep your new Recovery Key in a safe place. Your old Recovery Key won't work anymore and you can't use it to reset your password or access your account. If you don't see Recovery Key in the Sign-In and Security section, then you are not using two-step verification. 

copied from: Two-step verification for Apple ID - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2023 11:57 PM in response to Stoney0912

You can create a new Recovery Key, check the steps in this article:

What if I lose my Recovery Key?

You can sign in to your Apple ID account page and create a new Recovery Key using your Apple ID password and one of your trusted devices.

1. Go to appleid.apple.com.
  2. Sign in with your password and trusted device.
  3. In the Sign-In and Security section, click Recovery Key > Change Recovery Key.

Keep your new Recovery Key in a safe place. Your old Recovery Key won't work anymore and you can't use it to reset your password or access your account. If you don't see Recovery Key in the Sign-In and Security section, then you are not using two-step verification. 

copied from: Two-step verification for Apple ID - Apple Support

Need 28 digit code to access my Apple ID on iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.