Is there any built-in surge protection for Mac mini m2 (2023) ?

I want to know if there is any built-in power surge protection in the Mac mini 2023. And do I need to buy an outlet with surge protector to prevent the mac mini from being damaged by potential power surges?

Thanks.

Mac mini (M2, 2023)

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 12:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 8:05 AM

If you are looking for advice I would recommend looking into a whole-house surge protector that a licensed electrician can install in your breaker panel. With almost all products containing electronics these days, and very expensive ones like an HDTV, computers, AVRs, etc., it’s better to be proactive than sorry.

I did this in my own home for peace of mind. The price was $450 installed by a licensed electrician. If you are a DYI’er the protector itself costs about $200 from Amazon, Home Depot, Lowes, Menards, etc.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2023 8:05 AM in response to zzz331

If you are looking for advice I would recommend looking into a whole-house surge protector that a licensed electrician can install in your breaker panel. With almost all products containing electronics these days, and very expensive ones like an HDTV, computers, AVRs, etc., it’s better to be proactive than sorry.

I did this in my own home for peace of mind. The price was $450 installed by a licensed electrician. If you are a DYI’er the protector itself costs about $200 from Amazon, Home Depot, Lowes, Menards, etc.

Is there any built-in surge protection for Mac mini m2 (2023) ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.