Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Battery draining very fast

Hi I updated my iPhone 14 pro max to IOS 17 and also later updates .After this IO17 update my phone battery was draining very fast compared to previous.

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 3:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 4:41 AM

Hello,

With any new version of iOS there are always maintenance and re-indexing tasks to be performed. It should settle down in a few days. These are the standard steps for short battery life: 

1) Have you tried a restart?  If not, do it now.

2) Go to Settings > Battery > BATTERY USAGE BY APP to see the apps that are consuming your battery.

3) Check “Battery Health” in the link: 

iPhone Battery and Performance

Good luck.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2023 4:41 AM in response to avenkatb4u

Hello,

With any new version of iOS there are always maintenance and re-indexing tasks to be performed. It should settle down in a few days. These are the standard steps for short battery life: 

1) Have you tried a restart?  If not, do it now.

2) Go to Settings > Battery > BATTERY USAGE BY APP to see the apps that are consuming your battery.

3) Check “Battery Health” in the link: 

iPhone Battery and Performance

Good luck.

Apr 24, 2024 4:29 AM in response to MrBill3

Dear apple, I trusted for your device and have been using it for durability and toughness. But today I am very disappointed with your customer care service and management. I contacted thrice for my battery drain issue but they just told me that it is normal.just tell me how it is normal for phone to drain 4-5% in just 2 minutes of screen time . This is the worst I am experiencing and plus performance lag. iOS 17.4 is not properly made by your engineers and it deeply saddens all of us customers. I even read all the comments on apple community about this issue. I request you to look into the matters of all of us or otherwise your sales will drop respectively cause we customers are not willing to but another apple product in our next few years if this problem is still occurs . Do something so we can proudly say that we use an apple device . Thankyou

Battery draining very fast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.