Capture One 23 export files not visible on iCloud Drive

When I export files from Capture One 23 to any iCloud Drive folder on macOS Sonoma 14.0, only some of the files are visible in the Finder after export. In my case, I am exporting image files directly to an iCloud Drive folder on my Desktop. If I export 13 files, only 4 or 5 will be visible in that folder on the Mac. If I look at the iCloud Drive folder in the Files app on my iPhone, all of the exported files are visible. (Obviously, this is a Sonoma issue, not a Capture One issue.)

Interestingly, if I search for the filenames in the Finder app, ALL of the exported files ARE visible in search results, and they can be manipulated from those results. I can drag the files from the search result window to the iCloud Drive Desktop folder and they are all visible again.

None of this is an issue if the files are exported from Capture One to a non-iCloud Drive folder and non of this happened before the macOS Sonoma release.

As yet, I have no solution other than the search workaround. Hopefully, this is fixed in a future update.

Mac Studio (2022)

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 8:53 AM

Hello Phillip Breske,  

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities.  

Please be sure that iCloud Drive on your Mac is enabled following these instructions: Access and manage your files in iCloud Drive. It may help to disable iCloud Drive for now, then enable again and allow time for all files to sync to your Mac.

It may also help to restart both device and ensure that the latest system software updates are installed:

To rule out any network related issues, test using your Mac with a different network connection as well. If this only seems to be an issue with a specific network connection, check that the suggested network settings are enabled as explained here: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points.

All the best!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2023 8:53 AM in response to Phillip Breske

Hello Phillip Breske,  

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities.  

Please be sure that iCloud Drive on your Mac is enabled following these instructions: Access and manage your files in iCloud Drive. It may help to disable iCloud Drive for now, then enable again and allow time for all files to sync to your Mac.

It may also help to restart both device and ensure that the latest system software updates are installed:

To rule out any network related issues, test using your Mac with a different network connection as well. If this only seems to be an issue with a specific network connection, check that the suggested network settings are enabled as explained here: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points.

All the best!

Dec 8, 2023 6:39 AM in response to Phillip Breske

I too have this problem with Capture One 22 and latest Mac OS Sonoma- I am assured that the problem no longer exists in an upgraded version of C1 but I'm not paying for that !

I have however found a way around it (I think) simply drag the folder that you have on the desktop that should contain the picture files into the Trash and then inspect it from there.

You should then see all the missing files and they can be dragged out and put in another folder that is not accessed by iCloud.

Capture One 23 export files not visible on iCloud Drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.