Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

iPhone Location in Messages

Every time I pull up my location or my children's' locations on in Messages, it does not show their exact location. It'll either show us a block or so away from the actual location. I've already refreshed the phones, turned off the location settings and stopped/reshared locations on all my devices.

Anyone with the same issues?

iPhone 12, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 9:45 AM

GPS is affected by a lot of things, including buildings, trees and clouds. If you can't get a clear line of sight to the satellites, the location may be hard to determine exactly.

You can improve the location accuracy by making sure that WiFi is left on at all times. It doesn't have to be connected to anything, just turned on. The phone will then get additional location information from local WiFi networks.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2023 9:45 AM in response to glenda_n08

GPS is affected by a lot of things, including buildings, trees and clouds. If you can't get a clear line of sight to the satellites, the location may be hard to determine exactly.

You can improve the location accuracy by making sure that WiFi is left on at all times. It doesn't have to be connected to anything, just turned on. The phone will then get additional location information from local WiFi networks.

iPhone Location in Messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.