Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

CDMA iPhone using GSM

I have iPhone se2020. Internet is not working well, can I set up GSM SIM card on my CDMA iPhone or can I use eSIM on it?

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 11:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 11:32 AM

An iPhone SE 2020 should support modern cellular networks. There really hasn't been a dedicated CDMA or GSM only iPhone for a long time now. On your iPhone currently you likely are using LTE, not CDMA, which hasn't appeared on an iPhone since iPhone 5.

So, to answer your question, you really don't need to be concerned with GSM or CDMA. And yes, iPhone SE 2020 supports eSim.

You need to contact your carrier if you are not getting a good cellular connection on your iPhone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2023 11:32 AM in response to Muzaffar117

An iPhone SE 2020 should support modern cellular networks. There really hasn't been a dedicated CDMA or GSM only iPhone for a long time now. On your iPhone currently you likely are using LTE, not CDMA, which hasn't appeared on an iPhone since iPhone 5.

So, to answer your question, you really don't need to be concerned with GSM or CDMA. And yes, iPhone SE 2020 supports eSim.

You need to contact your carrier if you are not getting a good cellular connection on your iPhone.

CDMA iPhone using GSM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.