You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How long does data transfer take from ipad to ipad

I just received my new ipad and am trying to transfer th data from my old iPad Pro to my new iPad. If both screens state...Transferring Data to IPad, how long does this take?

iPad (10th generation)

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 12:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 4:33 PM

The time required will be determined by many factors, including but not limited to:

• how much data must be restored
  • the speed/throughput of your internet connection
  • the speed/throughput of your WiFi network
  • server loading; assuming an iCloud backup, Apple’s regional servers may be busy

The only aspect that you may be able to directly influence is your WiFi network. You should note, however, that the slowest item in the chain will ultimately be the limiting factor.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 10, 2023 4:33 PM in response to Kjbooboo10

The time required will be determined by many factors, including but not limited to:

• how much data must be restored
  • the speed/throughput of your internet connection
  • the speed/throughput of your WiFi network
  • server loading; assuming an iCloud backup, Apple’s regional servers may be busy

The only aspect that you may be able to directly influence is your WiFi network. You should note, however, that the slowest item in the chain will ultimately be the limiting factor.

How long does data transfer take from ipad to ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.