iPhone is stuck glitching between a black screen and the Apple logo.

what do I do if my iPhone is stuck glitching between a black screen and the apple logo, and then stuck on the restore screen with the apple website

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 2:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 2:15 PM

Try a "forced" restart of your device using these instructions: Put it on charge for at least half an hour, then, keeping it plugged in, use these gestures:

Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side (power) button. Only when the Apple logo appears (it might take 10-20 seconds), release that button (ignore all other screens that might appear, the one with the "slider" to turn the device off included).

If the issue still persists, it might be a hardware (battery? other internal component?) failure but we, just users like you, cannot diagnose that issue remotely, sorry.

I suggest that you make, and I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> https://locate.apple.com/choose-country-region . After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2023 2:15 PM in response to angelajb919

Try a "forced" restart of your device using these instructions: Put it on charge for at least half an hour, then, keeping it plugged in, use these gestures:

Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side (power) button. Only when the Apple logo appears (it might take 10-20 seconds), release that button (ignore all other screens that might appear, the one with the "slider" to turn the device off included).

If the issue still persists, it might be a hardware (battery? other internal component?) failure but we, just users like you, cannot diagnose that issue remotely, sorry.

I suggest that you make, and I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> https://locate.apple.com/choose-country-region . After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

Oct 14, 2023 1:50 PM in response to angelajb919

This sounds crazy but just found this video on YouTube and every person said it worked for them in the comments....by the 6th step something will work

Hard reset with both buttons pressed for 15 seconds

Go in your watch app on your phone and change the "face" on your watch - doesn't matter which one. Put back on charger and hold crown and side button until apple logo appears...if that doesn't work

Take watch off charger tap side button 15 times really fast then crown immediately after 15 times. Put back on charger, hold side buttons again to force start

Take off charger, rub your watch face really hard with your thumbs all over, really press hard for like 10-12 seconds. Turn over and do the same to the back. Tap the side buttons again a bunch. If still black...

Set watch down flat and tap watch face a bunch, pretty hard with finger all over, flip over and repeat on backside. Tap all over

If none of that worked put in freezer for 15-20 minutes. Then put on charger (50% of people said this is what worked for them)

If still nothing start at step 1 again.

Good luck!!

https://youtu.be/QYP5icStMV4?si=CX9vgfk2BdMkt-at

iPhone is stuck glitching between a black screen and the Apple logo.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.