Game Pigeon Issues iOS 17

Recently, I downloaded the iOS 17. It works smoothly- except Game Pigeon refuses to cooperate. I’ll be in the middle of a game, and the person I’m playing with will send a move, and then all of a sudden it just won’t work. Like, I’ll click on the message and all it will allow me to do is react to it. Does anyone have any fixes for this besides restarting my phone? I have tried that and it maybe 50% works.

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 3:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2024 8:24 AM

My iMessage game pigeon is not downloading on my iOS 17.3

7 replies

Oct 11, 2023 11:51 AM in response to jun_holdred

Hi jun_holdred,

It's also a good idea to make sure your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS 17, since this can help with overall performance: Update your iPhone or iPad

If an update is available, be sure to create a backup before installing it.

1. Back up your device using iCloud or your computer.
2. Plug your device into power and connect to the internet with Wi-Fi.
3. Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
4. If you see more than one software update option available, choose the one that you want to install.
5. Tap Install Now. If you see Download and Install instead, tap it to download the update, enter your passcode, then tap Install Now. If you don't know your passcode, learn what to do.

Since you've noticed this behavior with Game Pigeon within the Messages app, these steps may also be helpful: If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open

Regards.

Oct 11, 2023 5:07 PM in response to jun_holdred

jun_holdred,

You can see the steps to delete an iMessage app (which Game Pigeon is) here:

iPhone showing how to delete iMessage apps 
Delete iMessage apps
1. Open Messages.
2. Tap the Compose button Compose a message to start a new message. Or go to an existing conversation.
3. Swipe left over the app drawer and tap the More button more icon.
4. Swipe left over the app, then tap Delete.
5. Tap Done.

After that, you can redownload it using the "Download iMessage apps" steps in the article linked above.

Cheers!

Game Pigeon Issues iOS 17

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.