Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows Live Mail - Exchange 2007 Server Won't Load

Hi,

I have a windows live email account from my university. It uses the Exchange 2007 server system. I have managed to set it up with my mail application. But for the last month, the account goes offline in mail for period of times. During that time, I also cannot login to the account through safari. I put in my login details, but the page never loads. It says 'the server where this page is located isn’t responding'. The problem disappears after a few hours and then comes back again.

I have tried logging into the account from another Windows computer, and I managed to login fine, while the problem was still going on in the mac. Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong. Thanks in advance.

2.66 GHz Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.4), 4 GB DDR3 RAM; 320 GB Hard Drive

Posted on Aug 21, 2010 10:07 AM

8 replies

Aug 21, 2010 6:24 PM in response to GreenLan

HI,

During that time, I also cannot login to the account through safari. I put in my login details, but the page never loads. It says 'the server where this page is located isn’t responding'

Try this... in Safari, from the Safari Menu Bar click Safari / Preferences then select the Security tab.

Delete all cookies related to the site where you access Windows Live Mail (Microsoft)...

Relaunch Safari and try again.

If that doesn't help, try troubleshooting the Safari .plist file. Open a Finder window. Select your Home Folder in the Sidebar on the left. It has a small house icon. Then open the Library folder then the Preferences folder.

Move the com.apple.Safari.plist file from the Preferences folder to the Desktop. Now launch Safari. If you can access your mail, move that .plist file to the Trash.

I have managed to set it up with my mail application. But for the last month, the account goes offline in mail for period of times.

Try posting in the Snow Leopard / Mail forum also. http://discussions.apple.com/forum.jspa?forumID=1338

Empty the Safari Cache from the Safari Menu Bar and see if that helps.

🙂

Aug 22, 2010 4:51 AM in response to GreenLan

If a new mac user account behaves the same (does it?) and there's no security/filtering/virus software installed - then given that the problem comes & goes independently of what you do, and shows in any browser, and Mail app... I'd think it possible the University server is the (temporary) problem.

Their IT guys may be able to check the specific times you attempt to connect (sounds like you get the login page, but nothing after submitting the details) & see what happens from their perspective.

Mail app can give you a bit more detail by using Mail-Window-Connection Doctor - then selecting 'show detail' & running the check again. Copy all it shows, and if you can - paste the part(s) related to Live Mail.

Windows Live Mail - Exchange 2007 Server Won't Load

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.