How to stop my iPhone from being hacked?

Anyone else been hacked and their phone is mirrored to another device and they have 100% complete access to everything in your phone 24/7? I’ve been dealing with it for a year now. All the 2 factor authentication, encrypted bologna, Face ID, means absolutely nothing when your screen is mirrored to your crazy ex. Wondering what others have done to finally rid the phone of this ridiculous attack of privacy and sanity?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Plus, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 12:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2023 8:10 PM

If what you report here is as claimed (and I’ll reserve judgement), then you are being targeted with exploit tooling worth multiple millions of dollars, and with individual exploit chains worth millions, and tooling more commonly used for espionage, and for access to those people and organizations of interest to governments and government agencies.

Accordingly, your entire current approach here will seemingly be less than successful, if what you write here is what has happened in this case.

You really need to rethink your entire approach here given your reported massive value to your attackers, and you will absolutely need digital forensics and a detailed review of your entire approach to your own security.

And to what data you maintain, and with what communications equipment you have with, too.

Based in what you’re reporting, you’re far beyond the help that can be offered here. Or by anybody absent digital forensics, device access, and a detailed discussion with you. (That review is also not going to be cheap.)

And as this has reportedly been ongoing for a year, whatever the issue here—whether the involvement of very expensive exploit tooling, or maybe the issue here is something else entirely—it’s just not going to change with this posting, or with your current approach.

25 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2023 8:10 PM in response to I_see_green_elephants

If what you report here is as claimed (and I’ll reserve judgement), then you are being targeted with exploit tooling worth multiple millions of dollars, and with individual exploit chains worth millions, and tooling more commonly used for espionage, and for access to those people and organizations of interest to governments and government agencies.

Accordingly, your entire current approach here will seemingly be less than successful, if what you write here is what has happened in this case.

You really need to rethink your entire approach here given your reported massive value to your attackers, and you will absolutely need digital forensics and a detailed review of your entire approach to your own security.

And to what data you maintain, and with what communications equipment you have with, too.

Based in what you’re reporting, you’re far beyond the help that can be offered here. Or by anybody absent digital forensics, device access, and a detailed discussion with you. (That review is also not going to be cheap.)

And as this has reportedly been ongoing for a year, whatever the issue here—whether the involvement of very expensive exploit tooling, or maybe the issue here is something else entirely—it’s just not going to change with this posting, or with your current approach.

Dec 18, 2023 8:34 PM in response to Lost4nowgr8

Well I hate to break it to ya my guy but it is very possible and true. Cause I’ve been dealing with my lovely ex in my phone for over a year now and apple can’t even figure out how she’s doing it. But, I’ve talked to tons of other people that are going thru the same thing with these high end hackers that don’t need your Apple ID, or passwords or passcodes. All they need is your phone number my friend and send you a text message and you don’t even have to open the **** thing, it hits your device and you’re screwed. I’ve proven it to Apple a hundred times and everyone in between so ya might as well take all the stuff you think you know and start over cause I will promise you there’s people all over the world going thru the same crap I am and NOBODY knows how to rid the device from it. This program is the only one that has transferred from a Samsung straight to this new iPhone 14 when I bought it thinking no way possible this could happen. She’s never had access to my device and I’ve changed my Apple ID and passwords a thousand times to no avail oh and she doesn’t show up in anything what so ever. I can’t fully explain it as I’m no tech guru but I’ve learned a lot in the last year and spoke to a lot of people and I’ll guanrtee you this……nothing is unhackable. Someone or something will always find a way.

Dec 19, 2023 8:29 AM in response to I_see_green_elephants

I_see_green_elephants wrote:

lol. You wanna see analytic logs ? Encryption files? Email logs? Phone records? My home security footage? Router logs? iCloud login history? What would you like me to post here? Come see me or better yet I’ll come to you

All that tells me is that you have suspicions, or maybe have circumstantial evidence at best, have a wide range of alleged compromises across a variety of products, and have not identified anything conclusive.

And until you can wade through and distill all that—until you can provide better evidence of a breach—these discussions go nowhere.

Forum postings seeking free remote forensics help puts you in competition with everybody else with nothing past suspicions and the ability to post screenshots, and most of us already suspect our own gear might be compromised. Assemble your evidence. Build your case. That evidence might be based on canary trap, or might be a canary token, or might something else entirely. Otherwise, the same feedback you’ve been getting will likely continue: update, reset, re-secure, etc.

Dec 18, 2023 7:45 PM in response to Itsjustme313

Unfortunately it’s not remaining this simplistic. What if not only the entity is not only able to obtain entry to your Apple ID but also potentially cloning your devices information and recreating in so many locations also using screen mirroring that there is no way to move faster as one person, to change passwords when they can see what buttons are pushed or better yet alter settings for their device without me being able to see their information because it’s a clone of the device I have?

Dec 19, 2023 9:04 AM in response to I_see_green_elephants

lol. You wanna see analytic logs ?

Nope, I just want you to actually read the post I made above. If your time shown on your post here is showing the incorrect time, you have not set your time zone correctly for this forum. No hacking involved. No conspiracy involved. If all your other evidence is based on your basic misunderstanding of facts, I do wish you luck with your endless quest for a boogieman.

Dec 18, 2023 7:52 PM in response to I_see_green_elephants

Going through the exact same thing. Multiple devices (this is the 5th time). What I have gathered is that my devices precise identifiers are reached and cloned somehow? It’s pinging my devices copied ID and likely although I am unable to see it, pinging satellites all over the globe so that it becomes nearly impossible to locate the source of the problem. I can’t get into my old email, phone number or anything of the like. It has become impossible as they can change settings as if they are me as well so how does one regain ownership of their own identity? Tech has advanced quickly, which is amazing…unfortunately the ones who needed it took advantage and has moved faster than the general public leaving our security and cyber safety at risk as the securing features are not as advanced as some of the AI currently on the market. When collaborating between human intelligence in this regard and AI, it’s seemed unstoppable and left me with a complete and total loss in life of everything I ever worked for due to identity fraud.

Jun 8, 2024 3:52 PM in response to Betrayedbysomeoneclose

Betrayedbysomeoneclose wrote:

How do I reset my phone even has my ps connecting to the ppl involved I have went thru just as many sadly enough I believe is a home phone and nothing connected to u

No computer:

Safety Check:

Contact with a victim support organization from a safe phone elsewhere, if that’s an option for you.

Oct 14, 2023 1:00 AM in response to I_see_green_elephants

All it would take is changing your apple password. If someone is accessing your device remotely they would need your apple account login information. Changing the password would prevent them from gaining access. You can also see what devices are connected to your account by logging in to appleid.apple.com and remove any devices that aren't yours.

Dec 18, 2023 7:55 PM in response to muguy

When forced, even those you love and the closest people in your life, get desperate and will take desperate measures. No matter how many times I reset, it continues to happen. Once it happened once, this has happened continuously through 5 other devices. I’m baffled…not sure how to just negotiate peace and end the suffering. My credit shot, career lost, marriage ended, friends don’t understand, family doesn’t believe me. 😖🤯🫠😭

Dec 18, 2023 9:16 PM in response to I_see_green_elephants

Well, you make some very valid points but sometimes we can’t see the Forrest for the trees. If there’s a way in, there’s a way out my friend. Was simply hoping to hear from more with the same problem as it’s not quite as uncommon as what most think. But I fully get your reserve and doubtful judgement as I’ve heard it from many until they see it for them selves.

Based on available information, it is uncommon, and targeted. Very much so.

And without intending offense, consider how your approach here will be interpreted.

You lack evidence. If you had evidence, this thread would be very different.

In various of these threads, I’ve looked through piles and piles of screenshots of, well, nothing, and found, well, nothing. Others have looked, too.

As for differentiating your case, you’re unlikely to get somebody to perform a security review and digital forensics (for free). Not without initially providing them with some convincing evidence; some indication of a technical compromise. And not without device-level access. Lots of people want free forensics help. Effectively unlimited numbers of folks. Which means you get to learn more about your own case and your own situation and forensics and evidence, and how to present that to others.

I’m aware of vanishingly few around here that actually have been exploited, out of all of the posted reports.

Dec 18, 2023 8:46 PM in response to MrHoffman

Well, you make some very valid points but sometimes we can’t see the Forrest for the trees. If there’s a way in, there’s a way out my friend. Was simply hoping to hear from more with the same problem as it’s not quite as uncommon as what most think. But I fully get your reserve and doubtful judgement as I’ve heard it from many until they see it for them selves.

How to stop my iPhone from being hacked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.