My Apple Watch went completely black and now the screen won’t show anything and it’s been on charger all night and I tried to force a restart

Last night I was swimming in pool and my Apple Watch showed a thermometer, then that went away and I put on charger and it hasn’t been on since but it vibrated twice this morning and now nothing

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 9

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 2:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 3:26 AM

Has it been a heated pool? Usually you will only get the temperature warning, if the Apple Watch gets too hot in your environment:

copied from: Keep Apple Watch within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support

If the Apple Watch does not start on it's own again, you will have to get it serviced.

In that case have a look at your options on this Apple page:

Apple Watch Service & Repair - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2023 3:26 AM in response to madisonjean16

Has it been a heated pool? Usually you will only get the temperature warning, if the Apple Watch gets too hot in your environment:

copied from: Keep Apple Watch within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support

If the Apple Watch does not start on it's own again, you will have to get it serviced.

In that case have a look at your options on this Apple page:

Apple Watch Service & Repair - Apple Support

My Apple Watch went completely black and now the screen won’t show anything and it’s been on charger all night and I tried to force a restart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.