Old Phone Number in Settings\Phone\Mynumber

IPhone 13 and 14 (both have same issue); IOS 17.0.3.

Changed service providers and were given temporary number on new SIM. After porting old number, the temporary number remains in Settings\Phone\Mynumber. I can edit the number, but it won’t save.

Also, I have a warning message in Settings\Messages\Send and receive that my ported number is registered to my Apple ID but “not associated with this phone” and will expire in 30 days.

How do I get my phone to recognize the correct (ported) phone number?

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 10:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2023 9:35 AM

Hey 57Steve,

Take a moment to restart your iPhone and then check the number again.

Additionally, on the iPhone 13 and if your iPhone 14 uses a physical SIM, eject the SIM for 15 seconds, then reinsert it. Give it a few more moments to activate and confirm if there's any change in the number there.

Should the issue persist, contact your carrier who assigned you the new number to confirm there's no provisioning issues on their end.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2023 9:35 AM in response to 57Steve

Hey 57Steve,

Take a moment to restart your iPhone and then check the number again.

Additionally, on the iPhone 13 and if your iPhone 14 uses a physical SIM, eject the SIM for 15 seconds, then reinsert it. Give it a few more moments to activate and confirm if there's any change in the number there.

Should the issue persist, contact your carrier who assigned you the new number to confirm there's no provisioning issues on their end.

Cheers!

Old Phone Number in Settings\Phone\Mynumber

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.