Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

How to move app to home page

In IOS 17 I find no way to move an application to the Home Page. Can you help?

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 2:00 PM

majed7575 wrote:

In iOS 15 and later, you can't manually move apps to the Home Page.

Yes, you can. You can choose where apps get downloaded to by going to Settings>Home Screen & App LIbrary>Newly Downloaded Apps. Once the app is downloaded you can move it around on the Home pages just as you've always been able to.

Apps are automatically placed on the Home Screen. You can use the App Library to organize and search for your apps.

Only if that's what you've chosen. I have mine set to only download to the App Library. You can't move apps around in the App Library.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2023 2:00 PM in response to majed7575

majed7575 wrote:

In iOS 15 and later, you can't manually move apps to the Home Page.

Yes, you can. You can choose where apps get downloaded to by going to Settings>Home Screen & App LIbrary>Newly Downloaded Apps. Once the app is downloaded you can move it around on the Home pages just as you've always been able to.

Apps are automatically placed on the Home Screen. You can use the App Library to organize and search for your apps.

Only if that's what you've chosen. I have mine set to only download to the App Library. You can't move apps around in the App Library.

How to move app to home page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.