Sonoma Screensaver: No show of photos from Photos App

In the Sonoma OS Release I miss VERY MUCH the Screensaver showing my (randomly appearing) photos from the Photos App media library. During short breaks in front of my Mac, I thoroughly enjoyed the random images from my wonderful life. An older Screensaver version was even much better, because it was possible to stop the flow of pictures and scroll them back for review an identification.

APPLE, please give me a hint how I could get back this function!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 14.0

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 2:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2023 9:26 AM

Hi jonbiv,

You can still shuffle your own photos just as you've always been able to.

Our apologies for the confusion.

Go to Settings > Screen Saver, under the Other section there is Photos as an option:

Use a screen saver on your Mac

You can customize it using the Options in the top right to have it shuffle your images or a specific album and more.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2023 9:26 AM in response to jonbiv

Hi jonbiv,

You can still shuffle your own photos just as you've always been able to.

Our apologies for the confusion.

Go to Settings > Screen Saver, under the Other section there is Photos as an option:

Use a screen saver on your Mac

You can customize it using the Options in the top right to have it shuffle your images or a specific album and more.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Oct 12, 2023 12:11 PM in response to jonbiv

Hi jonbiv,

Comparing the options depicted on the support articles for Ventura (Change Screen Saver settings on Mac) and Sonoma (Change Screen Saver settings on Mac) the screensaver you describe is no longer listed in the newer version.

You may find a suitable alternative in the Mac App Store or a downloadable software online you can install to your Mac.

Regards.

Oct 14, 2023 3:25 PM in response to Rigo_O86

Hi Rigo,

Thank you very much for your immediate and great support! Could find the place in the settings now. It works!

Actually it works fine by choosing the Albums, but not (yet) by addressing the whole photo library, may be because I have sooo many photos (and videos) in the library. Anyway, the problem is solved so far.

Kind regards, Jon

Sonoma Screensaver: No show of photos from Photos App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.