Zip file on ipad

I have downloaded a zip file that was emailed to me but it won’t open. What do I need to do?

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 4:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 4:38 PM

As you have a more recent iPad and installed version of iPadOS, you should be able to natively access basic Zip-files. Perhaps this Support Page will help:

How to open ZIP files on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You should note that there are many variants of Zip-files that use unsupported compression algorithms - and as such some Zip-archives will not be accessible using native tools. For these files you may need to install a suitable third-party App from the Apple App Store.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2023 4:38 PM in response to Birdlovesladybird1

As you have a more recent iPad and installed version of iPadOS, you should be able to natively access basic Zip-files. Perhaps this Support Page will help:

How to open ZIP files on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You should note that there are many variants of Zip-files that use unsupported compression algorithms - and as such some Zip-archives will not be accessible using native tools. For these files you may need to install a suitable third-party App from the Apple App Store.

Zip file on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.