You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Service for Gen 10 iPad

I ordered my gen 10 iPad without the cellular option because I wasn’t able to add it to a plan. I am now able to add it to a plan I was just wondering if I can still add it to a plan or would I need to get a new tablet with the availability for cellular and WiFi

iPad, iPadOS 17

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 4:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 4:43 PM

If you have a WiFi+Cellular model iPad, you can activate cellular service by installing a DataSIM that you will obtain from a Cellular Carrier of your choice, or for supported models, by activating a Cellular plan using the iPad's built-in eSIM:

Set up cellular data service on your Wi-Fi + Cellular model iPad - Apple Support

If your iPad does not have a SIM slot, then you have a WiFi Only model of iPad. WiFi Only models do not have any Cellular capabilities - and hardware cannot be retrofitted.

It is not possible to change or modify the internal hardware components of an iPad. 

Whilst a WiFi Only iPad cannot be transformed into a WiFi+Cellular model, you can use the hotspot feature of a mobile phone - or a Cellular Broadband Router (often known as a MiFi Router) - to access Cellular networks:

How to set up a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 11, 2023 4:43 PM in response to The_Hollowed

If you have a WiFi+Cellular model iPad, you can activate cellular service by installing a DataSIM that you will obtain from a Cellular Carrier of your choice, or for supported models, by activating a Cellular plan using the iPad's built-in eSIM:

Set up cellular data service on your Wi-Fi + Cellular model iPad - Apple Support

If your iPad does not have a SIM slot, then you have a WiFi Only model of iPad. WiFi Only models do not have any Cellular capabilities - and hardware cannot be retrofitted.

It is not possible to change or modify the internal hardware components of an iPad. 

Whilst a WiFi Only iPad cannot be transformed into a WiFi+Cellular model, you can use the hotspot feature of a mobile phone - or a Cellular Broadband Router (often known as a MiFi Router) - to access Cellular networks:

How to set up a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support

Service for Gen 10 iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.