iPhone ping app on watch missing

After the last new watch software update the watch control center changed entirely changed. The new control center is not good. Missing the iPhone ping app especially.

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 6:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 6:21 PM

It sounds like you're on watchOS 10, which has changed how Control Center is opened.

Press the side-button on your Apple Watch to open Control Center and ping your iPhone:

4 replies

May 23, 2024 9:28 AM in response to timdifferent

My Apple Watch no longer will ping my phone. I used this all the time & the last update changed the application. The answer was to press the button to the control center. I did that & asked to ping my phone. The app looked & could not find my phone even though it was in my hand. THAT IS NOT A FIX because it does not work. You must reinstate the ping method in your next update. MUST! I don’t read emails or messages, I simply track my workouts,check time, & PING MY PHONE

May 23, 2024 11:58 AM in response to SMCAFSUE

It is the exact same feature, just how you bring up Control Center has changed.

So as GamingWeekends suggests, it might be something like whether or not Bluetooth is enabled, or WiFi is enabled on the 2 devices.

You can also use:

"Hey Siri, find my iPhone"

Again, the same feature, just a different way to invoke the iPhone ping feature.

iPhone ping app on watch missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.