Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

IOS 17 - ringtones not showing

Just noticed that ringtones I had loaded from my computer and had been used for text tones, new voicemail, new mail, sent mail, calendar alerts and reminder alerts are no longer showing on the my list of ringtones for selection.

The list does show for Ringtone.

I read on the internet that IOS17 has caused this problem and that the fix IOS version is not known. If true, then this is disappointing as nowhere in the Release notes has there been any mention of changes to ringtones.

Anyone else having the problem or can advise.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 6:11 PM

5 replies

Oct 12, 2023 5:40 PM in response to China888

Just onto Apple support-What you previously mentioned about this happening after the update is the reason why they are not showing in text messages, our technicians are currently working to properly bring back this feature on this new version, is currently not available, but they are working with this since they know how important this is. The technicians seem to be working on this since it has been noticed by many customers, so they might improve this on future updates

IOS 17 - ringtones not showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.