Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

iPhone 15 Pro Max Dim Overlay Bug

My iPhone 15 Pro Max has had a dim overlay on it for over 2 weeks now. I’ve checked all settings, auto-dim, True Tone, etc. This seems to be a software issue maybe from the iOS 17.0.3 update. When i screenshot something, I’m able to see the full brightness for a split second, even on YouTube transitioning from landscape and portrait mode a delay of the overlay happens showing the true brightness behind it. Practically proving this isn’t a hardware issue. Curious to know if this is happening to anyone else or if someone has an answer for me on fixing this!

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 6:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2023 6:04 AM

Was also having this issue and managed to fix it. In settings go to accessibility>zoom>zoom filter>none.

I had the lowlight zoom filter enabled and it caused this so I have a feeling that’s the issue you’re encountering too.

Similar questions

8 replies

Oct 12, 2023 2:14 PM in response to nK-MickeyMouse

Hi nK-MickeyMouse,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you may have checked most settings in Adjust the brightness and color temperature on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support which is the best starting point for this issue. We'd recommend giving that another look to make sure you've tried the tips there.

If the same continues, it may be best to reach out to Apple Support for more assistance. You can do that from Get Support.

Kind regards.

iPhone 15 Pro Max Dim Overlay Bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.