Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

App library

How do I remove duplicate apps from my app library screen?

There are not duplicates on my home screen just on the app library screen some are smaller icons. Others are large icons, but duplicates.

I wish it was easier to find information in these “communities“ but they are endless searches of the same thing with no real answers, why can’t Apple get together and come up with a concise answer, and be done with it. it was done a long time ago. It was called a library, with things called books and subjects. They were organized and easy to find.

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 6:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 7:12 PM

veteran272 Said:

"App library: How do I remove duplicate apps from my app library screen? There are not duplicates on my home screen just on the app library screen some are smaller icons. Others are large icons, but duplicates."

-------

Troubleshooting Duplicate Apps:

A. Different Versions:

So, are these Third-Party apps? If so, you may have difference versions of it installed.

B. Reset the Home Screen Layout:

You may need to reset the Home Screen Layout...

Go Here: Move and Organize Apps on iPhone - Apple Support

You'd have to add back all the widgets that you can recall being back on there. So, write down what is currently on the Home Screen.

Scroll to: Reset the Home Screen and Apps to their Original Layout

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Home Screen Layout
  5. Then... Add the apps back
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2023 7:12 PM in response to veteran272

veteran272 Said:

"App library: How do I remove duplicate apps from my app library screen? There are not duplicates on my home screen just on the app library screen some are smaller icons. Others are large icons, but duplicates."

-------

Troubleshooting Duplicate Apps:

A. Different Versions:

So, are these Third-Party apps? If so, you may have difference versions of it installed.

B. Reset the Home Screen Layout:

You may need to reset the Home Screen Layout...

Go Here: Move and Organize Apps on iPhone - Apple Support

You'd have to add back all the widgets that you can recall being back on there. So, write down what is currently on the Home Screen.

Scroll to: Reset the Home Screen and Apps to their Original Layout

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Home Screen Layout
  5. Then... Add the apps back

App library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.