Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Battery Charging is dropping drastically

I am using IPhone 13 and after the latest update 17.0.3 ,i am facing issue of battery % dropping drastically

It was 100 % after charge in the morning & have not used much and within 2 hours it has dropped by 50% and it has happened 2-3 times now

Battery Maximum capacity shows 91%

Any solution for the same

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 9:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2023 9:10 PM

It is normal room temperature and phone is not in case

But one thing I have monitored / observed in the last few days is that phone tends to heat up and starts to discharge the battery in fast pace

it drops to 50% of the full charge.

6 replies

Oct 11, 2023 11:34 PM in response to caedmon65

It's not a bug, but rather after installing any iOS update, the phone will use more power than usual for the first 24 - 48 hours as it needs to rebuild all of its internal databases to allow things like search to function efficiently.

You should also check the Battery details to see if it shows any particular application is using an excessive amount of battery charge.

Check the iPhone battery health and usage - Apple Support

Oct 11, 2023 11:19 PM in response to balajikr

It might be an iOS 17 bug. Apple sometimes takes a bit to get battery life figured out after new updates. There’s also a chance you have a bad battery and need to get it replaced. If you have a bunch of background processes running, it might use battery life. You can disable some of these by turning off background app refresh in settings.

Battery Charging is dropping drastically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.