Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Unwanted reply/forward of events in calendar

Hello all. Since iOS 17 I have been experiencing serious bug on my iPhone. So far it happened 4 times even with iOS 17.0.3.

Let me describe the process:

1. Someone sends and event (always multiple attendees) to my office account
  2. As I have this exchange account linked to my calendar and mail on my iPhone, I receive a notification
  3. I either accept or tentative the event
  4. The sender receives the response
  5. HOWEVER: I forward or reply by the same event to the same attendees me as an Organizer - but for different timeslot (next timeslot - 00, 15, 30 or 45).
  6. And also - every couple of minutes, my account is auotmatically sending the same response to the organizer

I tried to remove the account, restart the phone and add it back, but did not help.

Anyone with similar issue?

iPhone X, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 12, 2023 12:44 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

Oct 12, 2023 7:57 PM in response to mejriou

Hey mejriou,

We'd recommend reviewing this article for more information on Calendar accounts on iPhone: Set up multiple calendars on iPhone - Apple Support

If you have other accounts set up in Calendar, we'd suggest testing to see if they have the same issue as that would help isolate the issue further. If the problem is limited to your Exchange account, we'd recommend reaching out to your Exchange account administrator or Microsoft support for additional information and assistance.

If the issue continues, or isn't specific to your Exchange account, we'd recommend contacting Apple Support for further assistance here: Get Support

Thanks!

Oct 24, 2023 11:43 PM in response to mejriou

I have two major problems:

(1) Those who have agreed to participate in the itinerary will be continuously replied to the meeting initiator every day.

The initiator will receive >5~10 identical letters every day.

(2) Originally a participant role

The iPhone automatically copies the content of the original initiator and sends it to all participants in its own name.

(This is the most troublesome thing)

Nov 7, 2023 8:10 AM in response to mejriou

I had a similar issue multiple times,

always it's under an Exchange account, where an event invite for a distribution group arrives.

At least in one occasion I accepted from the notification center of my iphone (ios 17.0.3) by long-tapping and accepting.

I have a additional Google accounts on the phone, though rarely if ever I do I receive invites for multiple attendees with those.

As described in the original post, an event with the same subject and attendees, but for a different timeslot is sent in my name.

Not sure if related, I also observed various random 'new events' with contacts from said exchange account created. No idea how.

Unwanted reply/forward of events in calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.