Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

does the iphone 15 pro still break after using bmw wireless chargers

Does the iPhone 15 Pro's NFC chip still break after charging wirelessly in BMW's? Did this get fixed with the 17.0.3 overheating patch?

iPhone 15 Pro

Posted on Oct 12, 2023 2:13 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Oct 12, 2023 2:18 AM in response to ig_486

I suggest being very cautious about the BMW charger at this time. The reported problem seems to be unique to BMW, and I think I noticed reports of similar problems with some other phone types. This might suggest the BMW charger could be at least partly to blame for failures. The jury is still out, but I see no reason to risk destroying expensive smartphones until there is a proven diagnosis.

Nov 5, 2023 1:30 AM in response to ig_486

My ApplePay chip seems just broken on iphone15pro on a anker powerbank with magsafe charging…

apple pay cards said unavailable please readd card… after reboot i got a white screen for 20 restore data…

after that it gave me the option to add a card… but after entering the card details it was not accepting it…

after removal of all my cards and reboot, i now get the error instantly before even able to enter the cardnumber.

sad thing :-(

does the iphone 15 pro still break after using bmw wireless chargers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.