turn off find my phone

turn off find my phone when I have no internet to phone for id verification

Any option?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 12, 2023 2:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2023 6:23 AM

Hello earlmoran,

You may also be able to remove your iPhone from Find Devices using the iCloud website per the steps below:

1. Turn off the device, or put AirPods in their case. The device must be offline before you can remove it from the Devices list.
2. In Find Devices on iCloud.com, select the device in the All Devices list on the left.
If you’ve already selected a device, you can click All Devices to return to the list and select a new device.
3. Click Remove This Device.

You can also find those steps in this resource: Remove a device from Find Devices on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Should you still be unable to complete that process, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support: Apple Support They'll be in the best position to look into this further.

Take care.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2023 6:23 AM in response to earlmoran

Hello earlmoran,

You may also be able to remove your iPhone from Find Devices using the iCloud website per the steps below:

1. Turn off the device, or put AirPods in their case. The device must be offline before you can remove it from the Devices list.
2. In Find Devices on iCloud.com, select the device in the All Devices list on the left.
If you’ve already selected a device, you can click All Devices to return to the list and select a new device.
3. Click Remove This Device.

You can also find those steps in this resource: Remove a device from Find Devices on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Should you still be unable to complete that process, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support: Apple Support They'll be in the best position to look into this further.

Take care.

Oct 13, 2023 7:32 AM in response to earlmoran

Hi earlmoran,

To turn off Find My, we recommend that you try the steps here: Turn off Find My on your iPhone or other devices

To perform the recommended troubleshooting steps via the link above, complete the steps in the section below.

How to turn off Find My on your iPhone or iPad
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Tap your name > Find My.
3. Tap Find My [Device], then tap to turn it off.
4. Enter your Apple ID password.
5. Tap Turn Off.

To remove your Apple Watch from Find My, unpair it from your iPhone.

How to turn off Find My on your Mac
1. Choose the Apple menu  > System Settings. In earlier versions of macOS, choose the Apple menu  > System Preferences.
2. Click your name (or Apple ID), then click iCloud.
3. Under Apps Using iCloud, click Show All, then click Find My. In earlier versions of macOS, scroll down and click Find My.
4. Click Turn Off.

We recommend the steps above because they will show you how to turn off Find My on your iPhone or other devices.

To find out what happens when you turn off Find My, check out the section below.

If you need to locate a lost or stolen device, Find My can help you get it back. You can find the device on a map, play a sound to help find it and more. Find My also includes Activation Lock, a feature that's designed to prevent anyone else from using your device.
Find out more about Activation Lock on your iPhone or iPadActivation Lock on your Apple Watch and Activation Lock on your Mac.
When you turn off Find My, you lose these capabilities, which can make your device more difficult to recover. 
If you want to sell, give away or trade in your device, or you need to send it in for a service, then you'll need to turn off Find My.
* Find out what to do before you sell, give away or trade in your iPhone or iPad
* Find out what to do before you sell, give away or trade in your Apple Watch
* Find out what to do before you sell, give away or trade in your Mac

If you delete the Find My app, your location will still be shared. People with whom you've previously shared your location can still view your location. If you want to stop sharing your location, reinstall the Find My app and stop sharing your location.

If you find that you're unable to turn off Find My, then e recommend that you contact Apple Support directly so that they can work with you to find a solution.

You can reach them by clicking here: Apple Support or calling the most local number in your region: Contact Apple for support and service.

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

turn off find my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.