Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Apple Music censoring music

I’ve had Apple Music for a long time now and have always had “filter explicit music” turned off. I’m an adult and my kids don’t use it so no need to have it on. I recently upgraded to the iPhone 15 pro max and installed iOS 17. I just started to notice my music is now being censored. Songs I know have explicit content plays but the explicit parts are blanked out, why? “Content and privacy restrictions” is turned off so that’s not it. Idk what else is on all of a sudden to cause this. Help please it’s frustrating.

iPhone 15 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 12, 2023 11:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2023 12:46 PM

So I found out that Dolby atmos is censoring a lot of songs even if you have explicit content turned on. Turn it off, and “download in Dolby atmos” restart phone and Apple Music. You might have to select a different playlist that you’re already listening to, because all those songs are already “tainted” per se. Hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2023 12:46 PM in response to M3_KITT_LR

So I found out that Dolby atmos is censoring a lot of songs even if you have explicit content turned on. Turn it off, and “download in Dolby atmos” restart phone and Apple Music. You might have to select a different playlist that you’re already listening to, because all those songs are already “tainted” per se. Hope this helps.

Apple Music censoring music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.