Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

why can’t i use pages on my older ipad air2

iPad Air 2, 15

Posted on Oct 12, 2023 1:58 PM

12 replies

Oct 13, 2023 12:05 PM in response to Njm0627

Well, we’ve already discussed the fact that your iPad has issues because of its age.

But you mentioned an iPhone for the first time without providing any information about its model, iOS version, or the Pages version involved. So we know nothing about any age issues that may apply here.

You said your documents are “backed up” to iCloud, but Pages does not access an iCloud backup. We don’t know where your documents are stored, nor do we know the method you might be trying to access them (Wi-Fi, cellular data, Hotspot).

Oct 13, 2023 12:45 PM in response to Njm0627

Your iOS version, although now seven or eight versions behind the current version, is still recent enough to use the current Pages version. (Settings > Pages > Version should reveal that is 13.2.)

We still don’t know your access method. If it’s Wi-Fi, be certain it has no anti-virus, no VPN, and is not a Hotspot. If all these conditions are true, try a different Wi-Fi network.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.