black screen with only logo apple

An issue has appeared with my MacBook Pro 2017 (model A1706), the screen went black with only logo apple (no progress bar) and touch bar is turned off.

I tried most of the actions advised online but none of them seem to work, when i press the caps lock key it turns to green and then press again and turns off.

At the beggining it showed the esc key of the touch bar was turn on but now all the touch bar is turns off.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix?

Posted on Oct 12, 2023 8:43 PM

3 replies

Oct 12, 2023 10:21 PM in response to juamcarloz

juamcarloz Said:

"black screen with only logo apple: Thanks for your response, just to mention in my case there is no progress bar like the image attached. I tried to do the steps of the link but not worked :( And when it opens the screen more than 70-80 deg and it goes black screen (no apple logo)."

-------

Thank you for the photo.

Single Out this Screen:

Plug an external monitor into the Mac (for a USB-C-only Mac, you'll need this type of Adapter: Belkin USB-C to HDMI Adapter - Apple). See if the icon stays on the external monitor, when lifting the screen. If so, then it is a hardware error. If it doesn't show (but stays powered on), then it is an issue with the macOS.

Based on Personal Experience:

My 2017 MBP's screen died 11 times during the years of COVID, all of which I had to send it in for service. Having been so patient of a customer, I was granted a free $2,500 upgrade. The entire issue is that the connector between the LogicBoard and the screen kept becoming looser and looser. So, being so old, see about getting this serviced.

black screen with only logo apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.