Related Article: About the security content of iOS 16.7 and iPadOS 16.7

How to update iOS on my iPhone?

My device has a problem of not able to download some apps IOS is not up to date

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 13, 2023 4:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2023 4:30 AM

iPhone 6s can be updated to iOS 15.x (but not 16.0 or later). Please do so. How to update your iPhone - Apple Support

Each app has its own system requirements, as determined by their developers. Some apps for iPhone may have system requirements of iOS 14.x, or 15.x, or later. You wouldn't be able to run those apps on iOS 13.x. Older versions of apps may become unsupported for their initial services, so that is generally not a valid workaround. Older versions of apps may not even be available anymore through the App Store.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2023 4:30 AM in response to tarnia81

iPhone 6s can be updated to iOS 15.x (but not 16.0 or later). Please do so. How to update your iPhone - Apple Support

Each app has its own system requirements, as determined by their developers. Some apps for iPhone may have system requirements of iOS 14.x, or 15.x, or later. You wouldn't be able to run those apps on iOS 13.x. Older versions of apps may become unsupported for their initial services, so that is generally not a valid workaround. Older versions of apps may not even be available anymore through the App Store.

How to update iOS on my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.