iOS 9.3.6. What gestures does this iOS have?

iPhone 4s. Thx

Earlier iPhone models

Posted on Oct 13, 2023 9:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2023 6:07 PM

Here is a link from Apple about Gestures on iPhone. But it you look for an older iOS version in the link it goes back to iOS 12 and not further back. Whether these will work on an iOS version that was released now over 8 years ago, on an iPhone which was released 12 years ago, I can't possibly know.

Learn basic gestures to interact with iPhone - Apple Support

18 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2023 6:07 PM in response to ArtsemK

Here is a link from Apple about Gestures on iPhone. But it you look for an older iOS version in the link it goes back to iOS 12 and not further back. Whether these will work on an iOS version that was released now over 8 years ago, on an iPhone which was released 12 years ago, I can't possibly know.

Learn basic gestures to interact with iPhone - Apple Support

Nov 4, 2023 5:53 AM in response to ArtsemK

And I'll tell you the same thing. I don't know. You're asking about an ancient iPhone, released 12 years ago, which is actually worthless and I don't remember what it did or didn't do at this point. Please keep in mind that iOS 9 was replaced by iOS 10 in 2012. Any updates past 2012 to iOS 9 were security updates, not feature updates. So yes, iOS 9.3.6 may have been reeleased in 2019, but that would have been purely a security update, which changed NOTHING in terms of features. You are still dealing with an iPhone which is obsolete and no longer supported at all, not even with security updates.

Perhaps some of your questions can be answered here --> About iOS 9 Updates - Apple Support'

Asking me more questions about your ancient iPhone will be pointless. I don't have the answers.

Nov 4, 2023 7:17 AM in response to ArtsemK

Yes, you're right on the progression of iOS.  It still doesn't make much difference, when you're topic of discussion is an iPhone released 12 years ago.

On your windows question, see this link --> Download iCloud for Windows - Apple Support

iPhone applications don't run in iCloud on a computer. They run on an iPhone. Before you even try to download the application to your iPhone, you need to see if it can possibly run on an iPhone running such an out of date iOS version. You may find it can't because the app is no longer supported on such an out of date iOS version. If you want to write back and tell me the app, I'll let you know if it can even run on iOS 9.3.6.

Oct 14, 2023 2:24 AM in response to lobsterghost1

Your link provides little information.

I don't need screen properties, but a list of useful functions. Including key combinations.

For example:

1. Use a horizontal gesture to scroll through applications.

2. Volume + home = screenshot on Android (this is not an advertisement!).

3. Double tap on a word to highlight it.

I used Google, but everywhere there is incomplete information.

Any iOS with physical home button.

Nov 4, 2023 7:11 AM in response to lobsterghost1

ok, сan I ask a question from another thread here?

I'm going to use a certain application on iphone and on windows.

If I understand correctly, I should install icloud on windows, and install the application in the icloud folder on windows?

kindly give a link to icloud for windows. I searched on Google, but...

p.s. 4s = ios 5, ios 9 = 2015, ios 10 = 2016, ios 9.3 = Night Shift, not only security.

iOS 9.3.6. What gestures does this iOS have?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.