Macbook Pro M1 won't boot

My MacBook Pro m1 14 inch suddenly refuses to boot into macOS and shows a black screen. When I try to boot it chimes and shows the Apple logo briefly after going black again. I tried resetting the NVRAM and SMC but found out SMC can't be reset on Apple silicon and NVRAM is reset automatically when starting up if it needs to be. The keyboard is non-responsive but the trackpad gives haptic feedback. Since I can see the Apple logo briefly it doesn't look to be related to a faulty screen. This happened after I updated to Ventura 13.5 but I used the updated MacBook before closing the lid and finding it like this the other day. The charger also lights up correctly but doesn't make any charging sounds when connected.

MacBook Pro 14″

Posted on Oct 14, 2023 4:55 AM

3 replies

Oct 15, 2023 8:45 AM in response to berkeokur

Hi berkeokur,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you are running into an issue with your Mac not starting fully. We're happy to help get this resolve for you. Check out the steps to help resolve issues when your Mac is showing an Apple logo on start up here: If your Mac starts up to an Apple logo or progress bar - Apple Support

Thanks.

Macbook Pro M1 won't boot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.