I am locked out of my MacBook Air, it’s pretty new to me so I am not sure what to do?

Hello , i have Apple Watch and phone , but now I have MacBook Air and it’s all new to me . This is the second time I have been locked out of my MacBook Air. Can someone tell me what to do? I have a recovery key from last time, but I don’t even know how to get into the Mac to put it in if it’s still good .Thank you.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 14, 2023 11:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2023 11:45 AM

I understand you are unable to log into your Mac, and repeated attempts are resulting in the need to wait increasingly longer periods of time before you can try again. Is that correct?

If you forgot your Mac login password - Apple Support describes what to do, including options If you can't reset your Mac login password - Apple Support.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2023 11:45 AM in response to corry50

I understand you are unable to log into your Mac, and repeated attempts are resulting in the need to wait increasingly longer periods of time before you can try again. Is that correct?

If you forgot your Mac login password - Apple Support describes what to do, including options If you can't reset your Mac login password - Apple Support.

I am locked out of my MacBook Air, it’s pretty new to me so I am not sure what to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.