You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV screensaver showing codes instead of descriptions

When I look for the description while Apple TV screensaver is showing, I see a code instead of the normal description on several recently downloaded screensavers. (Example: M005_C017_0 for the image of badlands and water; not sure where it is). Is this a bug that will be fixed/updated?

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Oct 14, 2023 2:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2023 5:50 AM

Several other users have mentioned the same. I haven’t seen that for any of the clips on my Apple TV box. I don't know how widespread this issue is.

Please report your issue as feedback to Apple: Feedback - Apple TV - Apple. That is the best way to reach the team that can resolve any unintended behavior of the screen saver software.

M005_C017; not sure where it is

Utah’s Olympia Bar, one of the seven Monument Valley clips. The code seems to be from the filename of the video clip. All the Monument Valley clips start with Mnnn_

Similar questions

10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 15, 2023 5:50 AM in response to DeezieB

Several other users have mentioned the same. I haven’t seen that for any of the clips on my Apple TV box. I don't know how widespread this issue is.

Please report your issue as feedback to Apple: Feedback - Apple TV - Apple. That is the best way to reach the team that can resolve any unintended behavior of the screen saver software.

M005_C017; not sure where it is

Utah’s Olympia Bar, one of the seven Monument Valley clips. The code seems to be from the filename of the video clip. All the Monument Valley clips start with Mnnn_

Oct 21, 2023 11:26 AM in response to DeezieB

Hi there, I have also been experiencing this same issue. I also sent in a report to Apple Care.

For me, it seems the latest aerial update has included a bunch of new locations of the American north west. Places that look like Bryce Canyon, Utah or forests of Oregon. All of these locations are what give me codes instead of the location information.

codes I have seen:

M010_C_005_0

M005_C017_0

R013_C039_0

M013_C012_0

W015_C010_0

M012_C023_0

W015_C006_0

R010_C003_0

Please let me know if I can be of any help to resolve this little error.

best regards,

• Chris

Apple TV screensaver showing codes instead of descriptions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.