Not able to update my payment method in my appleid

Actually in my appleid, my billing and shipping address has been set to UAE instead of India. Now when I am trying to change it to India the option to select payment method is becoming inactive due to which I am not being able to update my payment method in my appleid

Posted on Oct 14, 2023 3:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2023 9:53 PM

I could spend a long time noting what others speculate about international payment methods and what Apple actually says (which apparently not many people read) but you may find it easier to use a payment method from the same country to which your ID is set.

The article "Change your Apple ID country or region" describes how to change your country setting on everything using your Apple ID, and the requirements and results of doing this --> Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

If you're in India, click on this link to read an April 2022 notice 'About billing for Apple subscriptions and media products in India' --> About billing for Apple subscriptions and media products in India - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2023 9:53 PM in response to vishesh_1110

I could spend a long time noting what others speculate about international payment methods and what Apple actually says (which apparently not many people read) but you may find it easier to use a payment method from the same country to which your ID is set.

The article "Change your Apple ID country or region" describes how to change your country setting on everything using your Apple ID, and the requirements and results of doing this --> Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

If you're in India, click on this link to read an April 2022 notice 'About billing for Apple subscriptions and media products in India' --> About billing for Apple subscriptions and media products in India - Apple Support

Not able to update my payment method in my appleid

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.