Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to set up an auto redirect from my work email to my iPhone?

I currently using my personal email on my iPhone. However, I would like to find a way to get my work emails automatically redirected to my iPhone when I am not in the office. I don't want to set up a separate account because I only want those emails which I receive after I leave the office. I'm envisioning something similar to call forwarding on a phone where when you are in the office, you take it off, and when you are out, you can turn it on.

Is this possible, and if so, how do I do it, and what do I need to tell my company's IT person? I don't want to be carrying 2 smart phones (Blackberry for work, iPhone for personal use).

Thanks,

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.5), PC

Posted on Aug 21, 2010 11:19 AM

2 replies

Aug 21, 2010 11:26 AM in response to karentam6600000

The only problem will be when replying or forwarding a work email with your personal email account, which will be sent with your personal email account/address.

This can't be set up with the iPhone - this must be set up at the server for the email account to be forwarded to another email account.

Is your work account an Exchange account? If so, I'm not sure if an Exchange account supports being forwarded to another email account, and this would need to be turned on at the server at work every day at a designated time and turned off at a designated time in the morning.

Aug 21, 2010 11:27 AM in response to karentam6600000

A couple of thoughts on this...

You should check with your company to make sure this is ok with them.

Next, most email applications have the ability to setup Rules. In OS X Mail, go to Mail > Preferences > Rules. You can setup to forward from there. Other email apps should be able to do this as well. A quick Google search for your specific app will show you the way.

Hope this helps!

Is there a way to set up an auto redirect from my work email to my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.