Missing Safari Menu Bar.

How do I see the menu bar in Safari? I have a new Mac Studio, updated to Sonoma 14.0. Everything I find online about this question seems out of date. I've used Safari for years on my iPad, but the controls on Mac Studio are different.

Mac Studio, macOS 14.0

Posted on Oct 15, 2023 9:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2023 10:32 AM

If you have Safari open and it is the app that you are currently using, the top left of your Mac screen should look like the following (without the red arrow):

If you have Safari open and you click somewhere else on the screen, the menu at the top left of your screen will change to the menu for that app. If you click on an empty part of the screen it will change to the Finder menu. The app that the menu currently applies to will be the name just to the right of the Apple menu.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2023 10:32 AM in response to Newbie-NHDSWB

If you have Safari open and it is the app that you are currently using, the top left of your Mac screen should look like the following (without the red arrow):

If you have Safari open and you click somewhere else on the screen, the menu at the top left of your screen will change to the menu for that app. If you click on an empty part of the screen it will change to the Finder menu. The app that the menu currently applies to will be the name just to the right of the Apple menu.

Oct 15, 2023 10:48 AM in response to Newbie-NHDSWB

Newbie-NHDSWB wrote:

Nope - still can't see the Safari menu bar.

What so you see at the very top left of your screen (not the top left of your Safari window which may or may not occupy the full screen)? The menu bars in Macs are not attached to the application window like they are in Microsoft Windows.

What so you see at the very top left of your screen? Very top left corner should be an Apple logo for the Apple menu; Next should be name of current app (which some menu items below when clicked) followed by other menu items for that app.

Missing Safari Menu Bar.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.