Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

did not receive return shipping label in my iMac return box

I received my return shipping box for my iMac trade-in. Upon opening the box, I found sealing tape strips, 2 cardboard and 1 foam insert but no return shipping label. How do I send by to apple without return shipping label? Can you provide assistance.

iMac (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Oct 15, 2023 10:17 AM

9 replies

Oct 18, 2023 5:55 PM in response to Stu321

Stu321,

My first return kit did not have a return label. I called Apple support services...they in turn sent out another return kit which I received today...again no return label. I called Apple support services again. They are sending a 3rd return kit in 2 days (maybe by this Friday or Saturday. If this box has no return label, then I guess I lose my $410 trade-in on my iMac because I have no way to send it back to Apple. This is such a poor way for doing returns. All I need is a return label (FEDEX) to place on my original box or repack in the box if I get a return label on the 3rd box. I will not use their trade-in program ever again. Such a hassle...they need to revamp/make changes to this policy...

whbnasc

Oct 18, 2023 7:50 PM in response to dialabrain

Yes...there was no 'red tab' or label under the delivery one (on either box). I might be a senior (77) but I can read and follow instructions. Again, there was no red tab or anything red on the shipping label and nothing inside the boxes (original and 2nd one delivered today). I am waiting for box 3. Please don't insult my intelligence. Apple is not shipping trade-in return boxes with 'return labels'.

Oct 23, 2023 1:27 PM in response to whbnasc

This is an update to the above discussion. Today I received Box #3. Again no return label or Red tab. Contacted Apple support again. Talked to very nice and helpful service rep. She took all my information and updated my records for my case. She is requesting Box #4. In another 2-3 days I should receive this return box. If no return label is attached, then when I call the service rep back, my case info will be updated; my returned cancelled. She told me that they have no way to contact these 3rd party companies. This will go down as not my fault, but I'm still out my trade-in $$$. Just wanted all to know that Apple support knows what is happing so maybe something will be done (really not hopeful). Just be aware of what's happening to me on returning an older product back to Apple for a trade-in. Will update again when I receive Box#4.

Nov 17, 2023 11:49 AM in response to dpaztx

After calling Apple for the 4th time they sent box #4. It was left beside my garage door and THE RETURN LABEL WAS 'UNDER' THE BOX...it had fallen out. So I was good to go and. sent in my trade-in. I heard back from Apple that my trade-in was accepted, so I finally got my trade-in $$$. Just be aware that they have changed the 'red dot' procedure to putting the return labels inside said boxes and the boxes come mostly opened (tape is falling off) so label could be lost.

did not receive return shipping label in my iMac return box

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.