Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

My Personal Library Photos have Disappeared and Only Show in the Shared Library

I recently reset my iPhone after sending it in for repair. Thankfully, I shared all my photos in a shared album with my partner beforehand. Since receiving the phone back and restoring via the iCloud backup, my personal photos ONLY show on the shared library. Each image also shows double. Only my screenshots now show up in my library. I contacted Apple Support and they were a bit stumped and recommended I delete the shared library and rejoin, but I'm really scared to do this as it's full of all the photos from our daughter's first six months of life. I'm scared that if I delete and rejoin, all my photos could be lost since there already seems to be a major glitch in the system. It's the same issue when I log into iCloud from my MacBook too. iCloud only shows my photos (and I'm talking about YEARS of photos) when I'm in the shared library. If I go to my personal library, only photos I've taken since my phone was returned appear there.

iPhone 7, iOS 10

Posted on Oct 15, 2023 12:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2023 3:53 PM

At some point, you moved your photos into the shared library. At worst, you can restore your photos from your backup files that you keep somewhere secure outside of your device and outside of iCloud.

you can delete the shared library and return all of your images. Leave iCloud Shared Photo Library

Similar questions

1 reply

My Personal Library Photos have Disappeared and Only Show in the Shared Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.