You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone speaker crackling

I have an iPhone 14 and the top speaker has started to have a crackling sound when audio is played. I may have gotten a little bit of water in it a few hours ago, but I tried to dry it off immediately. Water ejecting frequencies are not changing anything. Will this issue resolve with time or will it possibly need to get replaced?

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 15, 2023 3:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2023 1:41 PM

Hello ehk0418,

If your iPhone has been in contact with liquid, then we'd recommend having it inspected: iPhone Repair & Service

You can use this link to search nearby for locations: Find Locations

Get prepared for your visit: Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service

Keep in mind, the following: Water and other liquid damage to iPhone or iPod isn't covered by warranty

Wishing you safe travels to the store.

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 16, 2023 1:41 PM in response to ehk0418

Hello ehk0418,

If your iPhone has been in contact with liquid, then we'd recommend having it inspected: iPhone Repair & Service

You can use this link to search nearby for locations: Find Locations

Get prepared for your visit: Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service

Keep in mind, the following: Water and other liquid damage to iPhone or iPod isn't covered by warranty

Wishing you safe travels to the store.

Take care!

iphone speaker crackling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.