📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Android notification sound

Why am I hearing an android sound on my iPhone and iPad? I’m hearing a Samsung Galaxy hang up sound in my iPhone and iPad for notifications for apps.

Posted on Oct 15, 2023 3:27 PM

1 reply

Oct 16, 2023 1:55 PM in response to NathanielOppenheim

Hello NathanielOppenheim,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Do you recall creating custom sounds and saving them on your devices?

You can always change your notification sounds on your iPhone and iPad by following these steps:

Change the sound and vibration for notifications
You can choose the sound volume for alerts, choose between a tone or sound for alerts, or change the notification vibration pattern (when the phone is silenced).
1. Go to Settings  > Sounds & Haptics.
2. Do any of the following:
* Make notifications quieter or louder: Adjust the volume with the slider.
* Choose a tone or sound: Tap Text Tone, then tap a sound below Alert Tones (or tap Tone Store to download one).
* Choose a vibration pattern: Tap Text Tone, tap Vibration, then choose an option (or tap Create New Vibration to make your own).
6. Tip: The tone and vibration you choose apply to both the Messages app and other apps that have notifications on, such as Mail, Phone, and other Apple or third-party apps. To change them just for the Messages app, go to Settings > Notifications > Messages, then tap Sounds.
You can set how many times to repeat a notification (from Never to 10 Times) in Settings > Notifications > Messages > Customize Notifications.

Change message notifications on iPhone

Hope this helps. Kind regards.

Android notification sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.