Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

How to total delete the iPhone information

After I transfer the old iPhone to new one, How can I delete all the information in my old phone?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 15, 2023 7:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2023 7:39 PM

kod001 Said:

"How to total delete the iPhone information: After I transfer the old iPhone to new one, How can I delete all the information in my old phone?"

-------

Erasing After Transferring to a New iPhone:

When transferring, this is the Quick Start is the best route to date: Use Quick Start to Transfer Data to a New iPhone or iPad - Apple Support. So, once transferred, reset your iPhone to Factory settings --perform as instructed here, including the backup creation and iCloud out: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2023 7:39 PM in response to kod001

kod001 Said:

"How to total delete the iPhone information: After I transfer the old iPhone to new one, How can I delete all the information in my old phone?"

-------

Erasing After Transferring to a New iPhone:

When transferring, this is the Quick Start is the best route to date: Use Quick Start to Transfer Data to a New iPhone or iPad - Apple Support. So, once transferred, reset your iPhone to Factory settings --perform as instructed here, including the backup creation and iCloud out: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

How to total delete the iPhone information

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.