Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

MacBook Pro 2021 14" right speaker crackling

A few weeks ago, while playing music on my Mac, I noticed a crackling sound coming from the right speaker. Initially, I could resolve the issue by restarting my computer, and that worked even when the problem occurred at different times. However, lately, this particular fix has stopped working. I've tried various suggested solutions, such as updating my OS, running diagnostics (which didn't detect any audio hardware issues), booting in safe mode, and adjusting the sample rate of my audio device. But none of these steps have resolved the issue. The persistent crackling sound is quite bothersome. Does anyone have any other suggestions for a possible fix? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.0

Posted on Oct 16, 2023 8:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2023 8:30 AM

ELVNTH wrote:

A few weeks ago, while playing music on my Mac, I noticed a crackling sound coming from the right speaker. Initially, I could resolve the issue by restarting my computer, and that worked even when the problem occurred at different times. However, lately, this particular fix has stopped working. I've tried various suggested solutions, such as updating my OS, running diagnostics (which didn't detect any audio hardware issues), booting in safe mode, and adjusting the sample rate of my audio device. But none of these steps have resolved the issue. The persistent crackling sound is quite bothersome. Does anyone have any other suggestions for a possible fix? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Take it in and have it assessed.

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter test /assessment

Make an appointment

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2023 8:30 AM in response to ELVNTH

ELVNTH wrote:

Take it in and have it assessed.

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter test /assessment

Make an appointment

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

MacBook Pro 2021 14" right speaker crackling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.