Apple failed to transfer my text messages from my Samsung S22 on start up.

The Move iOS app failed to transfer text messages when setting up my iPhone 15. This is a fault with Apple's app and I was told the only way to fix this is by erasing my phone, spend hours setting it up again and no promise this will not happen again. I will appreciate any help from someone who knows how to transfer 1,000+ text messages to my new iPhone 15. If not I will have to trade this phone in for an Android to avoid losing critical text messages. I still have the old phone if someone can help. Thank you for any advice.

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 16, 2023 3:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2023 3:28 PM

Unfortunately you may need to do the process again making sure everything in the link below is followed precisely. It’s also possible that the data may take time to fully synchronize and show on your new iPhone. (Took a few hours for all of my texts to show on my new iPhone and I was just upgrading from another iPhone).

Move from Android to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If doing the process over is too much of a frustration for you then sure you could opt to stay with Android but realistically…things happen and sometimes it takes a little patience and redoing things to get things right.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2023 3:28 PM in response to Zimmerja2

Unfortunately you may need to do the process again making sure everything in the link below is followed precisely. It’s also possible that the data may take time to fully synchronize and show on your new iPhone. (Took a few hours for all of my texts to show on my new iPhone and I was just upgrading from another iPhone).

Move from Android to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If doing the process over is too much of a frustration for you then sure you could opt to stay with Android but realistically…things happen and sometimes it takes a little patience and redoing things to get things right.

Apple failed to transfer my text messages from my Samsung S22 on start up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.