delays in receiving emails from my iphone 15 although all notifications setup was in order

i am experiencing delays in receiving mails, and need to open the Mail app, only then all the incoming mails comes in.

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 16, 2023 7:37 PM

8 replies

Oct 17, 2023 7:14 PM in response to Missy5937

Hi and morning

yup, i am using apple mail app on my iphone, and the delays was regarding all emails that i signed in i.e. Yahoo mail, and Gmail. There is no issues on my cellular and wifi as per checking. Also, the notification already set to ‘allow’, while the ‘push notifications/ fetch notifications’ also being set accordingly. In fact, have tried also to delete the emails and signup again, but the issues still persist.

Any other options? Please assist

Oct 17, 2023 2:50 PM in response to ryz_one

Hello ryz_one,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities.

So we're clear, are you using the Apple Mail app on your iPhone? Is the email you're experiencing this delay with an iCloud or 3rd party email account? If you are using a 3rd party email, have you confirmed that they provide push notifications for your iPhone? Also, does this issue happen when connected to cellular and/or Wi-Fi?

To help ensure all your settings are correct on your iPhone, please take a moment to review the articles below:

Set email notifications on iPhone - Apple Support

Change notification settings on iPhone - Apple Support

Best regards.

Jun 16, 2024 1:29 AM in response to ryz_one

I have the same issue. some time ago (likely around when this issue was reported) the mail app stopped synchronizing within reasonable time. The yahoo app is real time ., but the mail app not . This seems to be a problem with the Mail app. This dialogues seemed not to offer a solution or even try to get to the problem.

Are there updates to the issue by now?

delays in receiving emails from my iphone 15 although all notifications setup was in order

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.