Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

I can’t connect to the home pod because it requires some kind of number or code that was on the box. I don't have the box, I threw it away. What should I do?

Last summer I was given a home pod, since I was on vacation and there was little space in my suitcase, I threw away the box and instructions from the device. I thought that I could look up instructions on the Internet and didn’t think that the code I needed would be on the box or somewhere else, now I can’t connect to the home pod because it requires some kind of number or code that was on the box . What should I do?

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 6:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 11:02 AM

See Reset HomePod or HomePod mini - Apple Support. You don't need anything from the packaging. It is possible you originally set it up with an AirPlay passcode. I'd generally recommend allowing connections from anyone on the same network.

tt2

1 reply

I can’t connect to the home pod because it requires some kind of number or code that was on the box. I don't have the box, I threw it away. What should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.