apple music account

I just got a new phone and I cannot login to my apple music. i created the itunes account before i had an iphone so my "ID" is different from my apple id. how do I change that?

iPod, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 8:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 8:49 AM

An iTunes account is an Apple ID. If you have a secondary Apple ID, but your Apple Music subscription is tied to the first one, then you need to sign in with your original iTunes account / Apple ID on the iPhone.

Go to Settings ➜ Apple ID, scroll to the bottom and sign out. Then sign in with your iTunes account.

Repeat the process in Settings ➜ Apple ID ➜ Media & Purchases, Settings ➜ Messages ➜ Send & Receive ➜ Apple ID and Settings ➜ FaceTime ➜ Apple ID

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2023 8:49 AM in response to j_rant86

An iTunes account is an Apple ID. If you have a secondary Apple ID, but your Apple Music subscription is tied to the first one, then you need to sign in with your original iTunes account / Apple ID on the iPhone.

Go to Settings ➜ Apple ID, scroll to the bottom and sign out. Then sign in with your iTunes account.

Repeat the process in Settings ➜ Apple ID ➜ Media & Purchases, Settings ➜ Messages ➜ Send & Receive ➜ Apple ID and Settings ➜ FaceTime ➜ Apple ID

apple music account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.